Alle tider er UTC + 1 time [DST ]

Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 3 indlæg ] 
Forfatter besked
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7
Brugeravatar

FANDENS OSSE

Citat:
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I need to let everyone know that the Quality Comics line is going to take a major hit soon. Certain popular titles, it turns out, definitely were renewed for their later issues, and I am going to have to retire the books which include Blackhawk #39-on, Doll Man #33-47, Plastic Man #29-64 and Police Comics #105-127. I am not going to do a wholesale Quality Comics slaughter as I did with Fawcett and dump everything at once overnight; that was a mistake, because I ended up retiring titles that were perfectly legal, creating work for myself and confusion among the faithful. Also, since I am going to review the titles to see which need to be adjusted or retired, it's not happening in the next few days. I will start making changes next week. Obviously, the specific collections of those titles will be cut off early on, and it will certainly impact the completeness of other titles. To the best of my knowledge, other than a couple romance and one war title we don't publish, these are the titles impacted, not other Quality Comics titles. Once again, I am sorry - I have to be legal and ethical, much as I hate it. When the day comes that reprinters are taken to task, I cannot be in that list.

Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7
Brugeravatar

Citat:
While this is not the complete Quality line, and I have a lot of books to look over, these are the series most impacted by the new information. Simply -- GREEN means that the book is PD and not in danger; YELLOW means that parts of the book will have to go; RED means it has to go completely. If you have a concerns about any other Quality character that appeared in Police, Plastic Man, Doll Man and/or Blackhawk -- just shoot me a message anytime. If they did not appear in those, we're not concerned. I will be submitting the request AFTER I complete my review so I can do it all at once.

Billede

Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7
Brugeravatar

Citat:
RETIREMENT UPDATE

On Monday I have to submit my next round of retirements due to copyright conflicts. It will take a day (at least) for these to be processed once I request it, and so these will remain active for about 72 hours (or more?) from now.

QUALITY:

DOLL MAN VOL 5
DOLL MAN GIANT #2
PLASTIC MAN VOL 4-6
POLICE COMICS: THE CRIME YEARS VOL 1-3

Other books will have to be adjusted (Doll Man V4, Reed Crandall Blackhawk V4), but these have to go.

PINES (AKA BETTER/STANDARD/NEDOR):

FIGHTING YANK TREASURY VOL 1
CAPTAIN FUTURE VOL 1
COMPLETE MASKED RIDER VOL 1
COMPLETE MYSTICO VOL 1
THE MASK
SPACE ROVERS
THE SPHINX
BLACK TERROR VOL 5 (This really hurts!)
SON OF THE GODS
THE SCARAB
GOLDEN AGE DOC STRANGE

Most of these are because we discovered that the early issues of Startling, Exciting, and Thrilling Comics were renewed. Later issues were not. Other books will have to be adjusted, but these books have to go.

I cannot guarantee this is it, because there are other books which contain Fawcett, Pines, and Quality material and must be reviewed. For what it is worth, for each book I looked at that had be be removed, four others were confirmed as public domain and could stay.

Vis indlæg fra foregående:  Sorter efter  
Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 3 indlæg ] 

Alle tider er UTC + 1 time [DST ]