Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 1 indlæg ] 
Forfatter besked
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7
Brugeravatar

Det havde jeg ligegodt aldrig troet:

fra email:

Citat:
As regards the comics world in 1988, Jim Shooter had just left Marvel, and Marvel had been sold by New World Pictures to one of Ronald O. Perelman's holding companies. One of the first things that they did upon gaining possession was to start raising cover prices. Then they doubled the number of titles. These changes caused Marvel's earnings to blow up short term, but we all knew that it was not a sustainable strategy. DC responded a couple of years later with their incredibly ill-advised "Death of Superman" debacle, which also greatly increased the size of the comics market, but only temporarily. When Superman then returned five months later, the industry collapse began in earnest. Seven thousand (out of ten thousand) comics retailers folded over the next three years. It was quite an adventurous time... All of the above having been said, time heals many wounds. Many of the comics titles that were released during that 1985-1995 time period were originally dismissed as over abundant "glut" issues. After a quarter of a century has passed, however, those same titles are suddenly once again in vogue. I am not certain if this is due to a generational shift, or if the hazards of simple existence have acted to reduce the number of surviving copies. Whatever the case may be, we are seeing a huge upsurge in demand for 1985-1995 comics right now, from pretty much every publisher. I find this all to be quite interesting, so I thought I would share.

Vis indlæg fra foregående:  Sorter efter  
Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 1 indlæg ] 

Alle tider er UTC + 1 time [DST ]